I’m so excited!!!! I received the first installment of my free year supply of Bhakti Chai Tea this week and could not wait to start baking with it and drinking lots of Bhakti Chai Lattes!! YUM! Not only did I win a year supply of my favorite beverage, I’m also going to be creating more recipes for their website, which of course I’ll be sharing on Gingerly Sweet Treats as well. That being said, there will be lots more Bhakti Chai recipes appearing on here, which maybe will influence you try this amazing drink if you haven’t already – it’s life changing!
Yesterday, on my morning off, I was hanging with my BFF and I brought her some Bhakti Chai to try and we started talking about the first time we had Chai Tea. I honestly couldn’t remember, but she did, and as soon as she mentioned it the memory came flooding back to me. I owe my love for Chai all to her and the amazing little afternoon date we had years ago at the start of our friendship, when she introduced me to the amazing world of Chai Tea. It’s actually pretty incredible to remember trying something so new and different for the first time. It’s even more incredible when you get to share that experience with an amazing person. So glad we bonded over Chai all those years ago.
These donuts are baked and therefore require a donut pan. If you don’t own one of these then you should invest in one because not only are donuts an amazing sweet treat but baking them definitely makes them slightly healthier 🙂
Does anyone else agree that Chai and Pumpkin go together perfectly? I mean they’re kind of the same spice/flavor profile, which makes this the ultimate fall comfort treat (at least in my opinion). I honestly could not think of a better baked good to compliment the chill in the air than these delicious Bhakti Chai Pumpkin Donuts paired with a nice Bhakti Chai Latte. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Go and make these pronto!
Vegan Bhakti Chai Pumpkin Donuts
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup whole grain pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger or fresh grated
- dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Bhakti Chai Tea concentrate + 1/4 cup milk of choice (if you have the Iced Bhakti Chai that already is mixed with milk than add 3/4 cup)
- 1-1/4 cup canned pumpkin (almost entire can)
Bhakti Chai Glaze & Cinnamon Sugar Toppings:
- 1/4 powdered sugar + 1/2 tbsp Bhakti Chai Tea Concentrate + 1/2 tbsp milk or 1 tbsp of Iced Bhakti Chai instead of the mix.
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your donut pan.
- Mix together all of your dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all the spices in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, Bhakti Chai mix, and pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined.
- Pour batter into your donut pan and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Once the donuts are golden brown on top remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Remove and roll each donut in your cinnamon sugar mixture. If donuts have cooled too much you may need to melt some vegan butter and dip your donuts in the butter then in the cinnamon sugar.
- Mix together your powdered sugar and Bhakti Chai mix to create a glaze for drizzling on top of your donuts. Play around until you get the consistency you like – add more sugar if you want it to be thicker or add more liquid for it to be thinner. Enjoy these right away and refrigerate leftovers.
- Recipe yields 12 donuts.