Originally these cookies started off as Bhakti Chai Oatmeal Cookies, but then they kind of turned into more of a granola bar shaped like a cookie. These granola cookies are filled with loads of chai spice and crunchy pecan nuts. They’re the perfect pick me up in the middle of the day when you’re starting to get that sluggish feeling. I hope you enjoy!
Bhakti Chai Granola Cookies
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup date caramel sauce*
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Bhakti Chai Tea**
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- candied ginger for garnish
* Caramel sauce recipe can be found by clicking here. If you do not have dates on hand feel free to substitute with unsweetened applesauce. The resulting cookie will be more moist and it’s actually another version of this cookie that I really enjoy.
**Bhakti chai is one of my favorite drinks, it’s filled with lots of fresh pressed ginger – making it spicy and delicious. You can locate where their products are sold by clicking here.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar for a few minutes in a stand mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Add date caramel sauce, egg, vanilla, and Bhakti Chai tea concentrate to creamed butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lastly, stir in the oats and chopped pecans.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop cookies on to tray. Once scooped press down on each cookie and place a piece of candied ginger on top. Put cookie sheet in the fridge for 30 mins to an hour.
- After the cookie dough has had time to chill bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden.