This might just be my new favorite flavor combination and it’s perfect for summer.
- 2-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your bundt pan (I used butter) and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add flour in three additions alternating with yogurt.
- Toss blueberries and zest with 1 tsp of flour.
- Add blueberries to mixture and fill bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and flip out cake on to a plate.
- If you want to add a more finished look, dust top of cake with powdered sugar once it has completely cooled.