Double chocolate is way better than just chocolate. Hope you enjoy these seriously moist and delicious cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted organic butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2-2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla to creamed butter mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Then add in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour if would like a thicker cookie.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop cookies and place on cookie sheet. Push down slightly and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cookies cool slightly on cookie sheet before transferring.