Confession, these are not a healthier cookie option… necessarily. I was seriously craving some lemon cookies and I came up with this recipe after messing around with one I found online. Lets just say my recipe is way better and actually contains real lemons. I understand using bottled lemon juice and lemon extract, but it’s so much better using fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest.
- 1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about two lemons)
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add in lemon zest and mix.
- Cream together butter and sugar using stand mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice to creamed butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop dough into small balls (really it’s up to you how small or large you would like your cookies to be) place cookie dough into powdered sugar and roll.
- Place cookie dough on to cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and the bottoms are just golden.